POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : better radiosity in animation? : Re: better radiosity in animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: better radiosity in animation?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 1 Aug 2004 17:54:30
Message: <410d6696$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

> I watch raw pov output (or - convert .png's into uncompressed RGB avi or
> losseless MPNG, or losseless YUV codec).
>
> Perhaps flickering _is_ there, but codec get rigs of it for YOu (decreasing
> output quality)? The flickering is quite delicate (but still notacible in
> hi-quality movie) - can You check also .png's before compression?

True, I made a mpeg so it might reduce the flickering. I have to find a
way to make uncompressed movies.

> Btw, is there a good, easy to use image viewing program for Linux that can
> use one key (like space-bar) to go to next image in directory (something
> like irfanview or ACDsee)?

Sorry, I know nothing about Linux :(

> PS Can You please present source of YOur's test scene?

Here is a very simple scene. Check if you can see the flickering and
tell the output settings. And if there is no flickering could you alter
the scene (or compose a new one) to show it clearly. Even better if you
can remove the camera movement and still show it (easier for others to
see it then).

#default{finish {ambient 0}}

camera {
     location <80-clock*160,50,-80>